The VLSI-SOC 2022 Organizing Committee invites proposals for Special Sessions to be held during the IFIP/IEEE International Conference on Very Large Scale Integration (VLSI-SoC 2022) in Patras, Greece from 3rd October to 5th October 2022. Special sessions complement the regular technical program by highlighting new and emerging research topics or innovative applications of established approaches.
Suggested topics include, but are not limited to:
- IoT, Embedded and Cyberphysical Systems: Architecture, design, and software
- Emerging Hardware Security methods and tools
- Hardware assisted Artificial Intelligence solutions for cyberphysical systems and Systems on Chip
- Emerging Network architectures and tools for SoCs and the IoT paradigm
All papers will be subject to the same peer review process as for regular papers.
Special Session Chairs
- Dimitrios Soudris (National Technical University of Athens, GR) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Apostolos P. Fournaris (Industrial Systems Institute/Research Center ATHENA, GR) email@example.com
Special Session Proposals
Please submit proposals (2 pages) in pdf format by email to the special sessions Chairs (firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com ), with copy to the Program Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org ). The proposal should include the following information:
- Session Title, Session Abstract, Theme(s) & Topic Area(s)
- Organizer information
- Session Chair information
- Speaker Paper/Presentation Titles and abstract
- Intended audience
Important aspect in the evaluation of special session proposals will be the timeliness of the topic, quality/track record of the proposers and speakers, coherence of the session and expected value added to the overall technical program.
Instructions for accepted special sessions
Uploading one paper (4-pages long) per talk by June 10th. We remind that each paper will undergo a review by a selected committee and eventually go to the IEEE proceedings.
The camera ready has to be prepared by following the Instructions for Accepted Papers. The final camera ready is due by July 25th, and at least one speaker per talk has to register for the conference. Electronic submission in PDF format to EasyChair VLSI-SOC 2022 website is required (under the corresponding special session track). The proceedings will be published by IEEE and will be made available through IEEE Xplore.
- Special Session Proposal: May 9, 2022
- Paper Submission: June 10, 2022
- Accept/Reject Notification: July 4, 2022
- Camera-ready due: July 25. 2022